Monday 26 March 2007

Altogether Now

It looks like another of my fantasies is on the way to being fulfilled. I came across a UK dads’ group - HomeDad UK - while I was researching stay at home dad topics the other day. (I’m getting quite passionate about all this : “Rights for dads!” “What do we want? Equality! Equality! Equality!”). I joined up and tapped a tentative post into the electronic buzz. “Hi, we all go to the Model Village and are regulars at Bunny World “ the answer came back. In fact there’s even an upcoming day out at the Model Village in the diary. I only wish I’d found this two years ago, but I guess I was distracted by changing nappies. (It’s God’s way of emptying your mind – have you ever noticed how this period coincides with having no useful thoughts of your own?) It’s a great idea - there are a million sites like this in the USA – but this is the first I’ve found in this country. The founders, Nick Cavender and Simon Windisch, started it up in 2000 and it has over 500 members and a huge amount of information and support.

By popular request, here are a couple of weekend jokes from my daughter: “Why does the t-shirt go in the bath? Because it thinks it’s a shoe.” “Why does a necklace stick on the wall? Because it gets all gluey.”

4 comments:

Pig in the Kitchen said...

that's great news about the homedad thing...we want to see you wearing a batman suit chained to the school gates and dissing the women!!! Go SAHD go...but a note of caution, you might find you have the stay at home thing in common and then when the excitement has worn off, they might seem a bit strange and you'd rather potter around shops on your own. That's what happens to SAHM's! Ooo, or maybe that just happens to ME...paranoid thought...

Stay at home dad said...

We don't have Batman outfits at home. Plenty of fairies and princesses, but I guess that's not going to create the right image...

Yes, retail pottering's underrated I agree.

Pig in the Kitchen said...

your link to homedad didn't work...

Stay at home dad said...

Thanks. Have now sorted out my html.